With the EPIC™ 980Q, you’ll discover intuitive, leading-edge features created to help you get from “idea to done” in less time than ever before. The lightest and largest computerized sewing machine available to sewers today, this sleek and integrated sewing machine includes everything that our previous models have to offer, then takes your sewing experience to an entirely new level. You can enhance your creative capabilities, and bring any of your ideas to life – with any fabric.
JoyOS ADVISOR™ FEATURE Select fabric type and get a wide selection of available sewing techniques, from basic to detailed sewing. JoyOS ADVISOR™ feature will instantly set the best stitch, stitch width, stitch length, thread tension/portioning and presser foot pressure for the technique you’ve chosen. Animations and illustrations will also assist you and provide expert advice right on the screen.
• INTERACTIVE TUTORIALS – Learn how to sew different techniques like zippers, collars, hems etc. The EPIC™|980Q sewing machine guides you all the way and sets everything for you.
• STITCH TECHNIQUES – All the exclusive HUSQVARNA VIKING® techniques are shown with step by step instructions, including animations and/or illustrations.
• QUICK HELP – Touch any stitch, icon or function to see its name and
• THE COMPLETE USER’S GUIDE is right there in your machine, everything you want to know on screen.
LARGE WORKING AREA There are no limits to your larger than life projects, quilts home dec projects or fashion.
• Large sewing area, more than 12” x 5 1/2” (310x140mm) work area.
• The design of the sewing head gives great visibility when sewing.
• Tall needle area height, 3” (77mm), for easier access when changing presser foot or needle.
EXCLUSIVE STITCH TECHNIQUES HUSQVARNA VIKING® world class unique stitches for more creative opportunities. “Sequin stitches”, “Theme stitches” plus Dimensional stitches.
• Create Dimensional Stitches by adding fabric or sequins for a unique decorative and textured effect; both vertically and horizontally. Patented.
• With the Theme Stitches you can randomly select from different stitches in the same family.